Maine has a booming economy and is lush with some of the best sea food and sight-seeing in the country! But that is not all Maine has to offer.
Maine is currently experiencing an explosion in health care related careers. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to finally make your goals a reality. Get started on the health care career you have been dreaming of!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Should You Enroll in a Phlebotomy Training Program in Maine?
- 2 Where Can I Find Classes for Medical and Phlebotomy Training Near Me?
- 3 How Much Can You Earn after Finishing Your Phlebotomist Training in Maine?
- 4 Who Can Enroll in Local Phlebotomy Classes?
- 5 How Long is Phlebotomy Training?
- 6 Do Employers in Maine Require a Phlebotomy Certification Course?
- 7 How Much Do Phlebotomy Schools Near Me Cost?
- 8 More Local Phlebotomy Courses in Maine
- 9 How’s the Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Maine?
Why Should You Enroll in a Phlebotomy Training Program in Maine?
If you are interested in entering the health care industry but don’t know where to start, phlebotomy training might be for you. Phlebotomists are responsible for obtaining patient labs that help guide treatment. Phlebotomists can work in several settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, and long term care facilities.
Phlebotomists are also trained in understanding medical labs. This will help you decide whether certain results are within limits or if they should be re-evaluated.
Becoming a phlebotomy technician in Maine can offer you several benefits. Phlebotomist classes will put you on the road to a successful career in the health care industry.
Taking a phlebotomy class will offer you the opportunity to become a part of Maine’s booming health care industry. Here are a few reasons to take a phlebotomy class in Maine:
- Continuous job growth in the health-care industry
- 7500 new jobs expected by 2018
Where Can I Find Classes for Medical and Phlebotomy Training Near Me?
Researching phlebotomy courses can take a lot of time and a lot of effort. There are several factors that you need to think about in your decision, such as location, cost, and time-commitment.
Save yourself countless hours of research, and let us do the work for you! The process is simple:
- Click a program from the list below
- Fill out a short form so results can be individualized for you
- We’ll send you all of the information you need. For free!
It’s that simple!
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Master of Science in Nursing - MSN/MBA Dual Degree Option
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
How Much Can You Earn after Finishing Your Phlebotomist Training in Maine?
In Maine, taxes are higher and the cost of living can be higher than in other states. This is important to keep in mind when deciding on your earning potential. The national average salary for phlebotomy technicians after phlebotomy career training is $31,000.
Here is a breakdown of the average annual salary of phlebotomy technicians in Maine’s five most populated city:
- Portland – $31,997
- Lewiston – $29,587
- Bangor – $28,271
- South Portland – $31,997
- Auburn – $29,593
Who Can Enroll in Local Phlebotomy Classes?
A phlebotomy technician needs to be willing to work directly with patients. The role entails drawing blood and other labs as prescribed by doctors. In some cases, other laboratory specimens may need to be obtained. At phlebotomist school, you will learn why each lab is performed and what factors to consider, such as patient diet or other medical conditions.
Because a phlebotomist will work directly with patients, good communication skills are required. Phlebotomy career training will give you the skills necessary to perform the job well.
Enrolling in phlebotomist school is simple! The only requirements are that you are 18 years old and have received a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
How Long is Phlebotomy Training?
You may be asking yourself “how long is phlebotomy school?” so that you can have a good idea of how much time needs to be invested. In Maine, phlebotomy school can range from 1-2 semesters of training. In general, training is broken into 2 parts:
- Class-room study and lab work
- Clinical study with phlebotomy training specialists
When in the classroom, you can expect to learn the fundamental knowledge needed to be a phlebotomy technician. During your clinical study with phlebotomy training specialists, you will receive on hands training to fully prepare you for your new career.
At Helping Hands Trade School, you can expect to spend 50 hours in the classroom and 100 hours on lab and clinical work.
At York Community College, the phlebotomy program is a 12 week program that includes 48 hours of lecture and lab and 40 hours of clinical training.
Keep in mind that your learning will not end in the classroom! Most employers offer ongoing phlebotomy on the job training so that you may continue to expand upon your skills.
Do Employers in Maine Require a Phlebotomy Certification Course?
In some states, certification is required to work as a phlebotomy technician. In Maine, however, the certification is not required. Most employers do require that a phlebotomy training course is completed.
There is a national certification exam available for phlebotomists interested in being certified. Although it is not required, you may find that it makes the job search easier. In general, certified phlebotomy technicians are compensated more than those who are not certified. If certification is important to you, some schools for phlebotomy will offer more advanced training.
How Much Do Phlebotomy Schools Near Me Cost?
In Maine, the phlebotomy training cost is generally less than $1000. This offers individuals an inexpensive entry into the health care industry. Schools for phlebotomy that offer more advanced training for those seeking certification have a somewhat higher tuition.
At Central Maine Community College, the cost of the program is $475.00 which includes books and training materials.
At York Community College, the cost of enrollment is $995.00
Helping Hands Trade School offers more advanced training for phlebotomists interested in receiving national certification. Therefore, their program is more costly at $1600.00.
More Local Phlebotomy Courses in Maine
If you don’t want our help with your research for the best local phlebotomist education and training in Maine, you can spend hours scanning and researching the programs below.
Here’s a list of phlebotomy-specific classes in the cities of Auburn, Casco, Bangor, Waterville, Lewiston, Scarborough, Wells, Fairfield, South Portland, Sanford, Portland, Maryland, Cumberland, Windsor Mill, Arnold, Westminster, Wye Mills, La Plata, Landover, Frederick, Hagerstown, Bel Air, Silver Spring, Largo, Baltimore, Salisbury, National Harbor, and Baltimore.
|Central Maine Community College||1250 Turner Street Auburn, ME 04210||http://www.cmcc.edu/training/FY10_11_Matrix_080111.asp|
|Crooked River Adult and Community Education Center||1437 Poland Spring Rd. MSAD 61 & 72 Casco, ME 04015||http://crookedriver.maineadulted.org/courses/course/phlebotomy_technician|
|Eastern Maine Community College||354 Hogan Road Bangor, ME 04401||http://www.emcc.edu/?attachment_id=7856|
|Helping Hands Trade School||PO Box 93 Waterville, ME 04903-0093||http://www.helpinghandstradeschool.com/courses.html|
|Helping Hands Trade School||571 Sabattus St., Suite 2 Lewiston, ME 04240||http://www.helpinghandstradeschool.com/courses.html|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Scarborough Campus and Corporate Headquarters-51 U.S. Route 1, Suite K Scarborough, ME 04074||http://www.ntinow.edu/programs-health-Phlebotomy-EKG-Tech|
|Northeast Technical Institute||Bangor Campus- 1010 Stillwater Ave Bangor, ME 04401||http://www.ntinow.edu/programs-health-Phlebotomy-EKG-Tech|
|York County Community College||112 College Drive, Wells, ME 04090-5341||http://www.yccc.edu/CECT/Certificates/Phlebotomy|
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue Fairfield, ME 04937||http://www.kvcc.me.edu/Pages/Phlebotomy/Phlebotomy-Home|
|Kaplan university||265 Western Ave South Portland, ME 04106||http://www.kaplanuniversity.edu/south-portland-maine.aspx|
|Seacoast career school||1 Eagle Dr, Sanford, ME 04073,||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/|
|Intercoast Colleges||207 Gannett Dr,Portland, ME||http://www.intercoast.edu/|
|Intercoast Colleges||207 Gannett Dr,Portland, ME||http://www.intercoast.edu/|
How’s the Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Maine?
Although there is a higher cost of living in Maine, the job outlook for anyone in the health care industry is good. The number of jobs in the health care industry is expected to increase by 15% by 2020.
Phlebotomy training can offer you a great entry point into the health care industry. Whether you plan to make phlebotomy a career, or plan to go on to other health care related jobs such as nursing, completing phlebotomist training will be beneficial.