The vibrant Texan economy thrives year after year. And it’s not just because of oil.
If you want a career in medicine, then Texas is a great place to start!
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Should You Enroll in a Phlebotomy Training Program in Texas?
- 2 Where Can I Find Classes for Medical and Phlebotomy Training Near Me?
- 3 How Much Can You Earn Once You Complete Your Phlebotomist Training in Texas?
- 4 Who Can Enroll in Local Phlebotomy Classes?
- 5 How Long is Phlebotomy Training?
- 6 Do Employers in Texas Require a Phlebotomy Certification Course?
- 7 How Much Do Phlebotomy Schools Near Me Cost?
- 8 More Local Phlebotomy Courses in Texas
- 9 How’s the Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Texas?
Why Should You Enroll in a Phlebotomy Training Program in Texas?
An aspiring phlebotomist will see vast opportunities in the Lone Star State. Many medical professionals take a phlebotomy course in Texas for three reasons:
- A Strong Economy – Despite the economic downturn, Texas has kept unemployment around 5%.
- Low Cost of Living – Everyday items are cheaper to buy in Texas. So a phlebotomist’s salary stretches a long way.
- The Medical Center – Texas is home to the famous Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. One of the best places to build a career in medicine!
Overall, taking phlebotomist classes opens many career opportunities in Texas. If you have any interest in the medical field, you should find a local class as soon as possible.
Where Can I Find Classes for Medical and Phlebotomy Training Near Me?
Finding a local phlebotomy program is quick and easy if you let us help! Instead of spending hours searching for a program, we can send information directly to you!
The steps are simple:
- Click below on a program near you
- Fill out the short form so you can receive custom information
- We’ll send you all the information you need. Free!
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
At Florida Career College, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Business Studies
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel Heavy Truck
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Master of Science in Nursing - MSN/MBA Dual Degree Option
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
We highly recommend you let us help you to find a class. Once you request information from a class above, we will supply you with the following information:
- Start Dates
- Financial Aid
- Custom Program Details
How Much Can You Earn Once You Complete Your Phlebotomist Training in Texas?
Phlebotomists enjoy a good, entry-level salary in Texas. Mostly because Texas has such a low cost of living compared to the rest of the United States. Every dollar you earn, pays for more in this state!
Here’s the median salary of a phlebotomist in five of Texas’ most populated cities:
- Houston - $31,236
- San Antonio – $29,134
- Dallas – $31,227
- Austin – $29,910
- Fort Worth – $30,575
So a phlebotomist in Texas can expect to earn around $30,000 once phlebotomy career training is complete. This goes a long way in Texas, where mortgages, rent, and grocery prices are low.
Who Can Enroll in Local Phlebotomy Classes?
In Texas, anyone with a high school degree can enroll in a phlebotomist school. This makes Phlebotomy Technician training an ideal solution for almost anyone interested in a medical career. Even if you never went to college!
Even those who desire a college education can benefit from a phlebotomy career. Once you’ve been trained as a phlebotomist, you have the option to work part time.
For example, a high school graduate could work as a part-time phlebotomist, while taking college classes for other Associate or Bachelor’s programs like Nursing. Exploring phlebotomy is the perfect way to get experience in a hospital. Then, you can decide if a career at a hospital is right for you.
How Long is Phlebotomy Training?
Ever wonder “how long is phlebotomy school?” In Texas, it’s not long at all!
Many programs require only around 200 hours to complete. This includes time in the classroom, as well as hands on experience with phlebotomy training specialists. For example, to earn a Phlebotomist Certificate at Houston’s Lone Star College, you must complete:
- 96 Classroom Hours
- 100 Clinical Hours
Meanwhile, the another Phlebotomy Technician program in Houston at Texas Southern University has more lengthy requirements at:
- 96 Classroom Hours
- 160 Clinical Hours
Remember, that even after you complete one of these programs you learning never stops. If you have a career in phlebotomy on the job training occurs even after you’re hired!
Do Employers in Texas Require a Phlebotomy Certification Course?
Some states require a certification in order to become a phlebotomist. Fortunately, in Texas, a certification is not required.
However, a phlebotomy certification does add to your credibility. This can boost your resume and help you to get hired. This may also increase your pay.
So you should not hesitate to take a class that earns you a certificate!
How Much Do Phlebotomy Schools Near Me Cost?
The phlebotomy training cost at local community colleges and universities are usually over a thousand dollars. For example, the Lone Star College program costs almost $1500, while the program at TSU costs under $1300.
Overall, a school for phlebotomy requires a relatively small investment to start a medical career. But if the cost is too much, don’t hesistate to apply for financial aid. If you’re registering at a community college, often times they can work with you to assist you with finances.
Keep in mind that your starting pay as a phlebotomist is not the highest you will see. Phlebotomists are paid an entry-level salary, but the experience is invaluable. Working as a phlebotomist can be a stepping stone to hospital management or nursing positions in the future. So spending a thousand dollars today, could pay off in the future.
More Local Phlebotomy Courses in Texas
If you’d like to spend time, researching programs on your own, we have a list of courses below. It includes phlebotomy training in Houston, TX as well as other areas like Vernon, Houston, Mt. Pleasant, Waco, The Woodlands, San Antonio, Big Spring, Texas City, Killeen, Dallas, Austin, Lufkin, Alvin, San Antonio, Bryan, Shulenburg, Sealy, and Round Rock.
View the phlebotomist education and training opportunities in Texas below, and choose the best class for you.
How’s the Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Texas?
Employment is strong in Texas. Most employers are looking for job seekers to hire. This includes employers looking for phlebotomists.
Overall, you will have a much easier time starting your career here in Texas.
Also, remember the medical field grows with each passing year. The Medical Center in Houston, Texas continues to expand each year, and more job opportunities in Dallas, Texas pop up every year.
Employers will continue to post more and more phlebotomy job listings. Starting a career in phlebotomy is a step towards a real need for years to come. The chart below graphs the trends of phlebotomy jobs in the United States.